Origami Risk is recruiting for recent college graduates to join our next New Professional Program cohort. This six-month program will introduce colleagues to all things Origami Risk, gain a deep understanding of our products/platform, enhance and learn new technical skills, and how we work with and support our clients. The next cohort will start on February 5, 2024 and will be based out of our Chicago or Atlanta Offices.
The Business Systems Analyst I is an entry-level position responsible for contributing to successful project implementations and providing ongoing client support. The Business System Analyst is exposed to client relationship management and technical responsibilities.
Starting base pay for this role is between $65,000 and $67,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, training, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will be eligible for a bonus as well as competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, wellness reimbursement, life insurance, and a 401(k) with company match. We offer vacation and sick leave benefits (under a flexible time off policy in most states).
Origami Risk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive and benefit from diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We do not discriminate against any individual based upon race, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Provides client-facing support with coaching and guidance from senior colleagues.
- Researches, addresses, and responds to ongoing service log requests.
- Configures the Origami platform to meet client requirements.
- Deploys and configures Origami standard data conversions and builds custom Excel data conversions using tools in Origami Admin UI.
- Performs unit testing of assigned deliverables.
- Leverages Origami standard configuration where possible and follows established best practices and industry standards when designing, configuring, and consulting on solutions.
- Records hours worked in accordance with Origami’s time entry policy.
- Identifies potential scope creep / out-of-scope work and escalates to Project Manager.
- Assists with the preparation of training materials for user training.
- Identifies potential expanded sales opportunities and notifies / coordinates with the account management team on pursuing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business analytics, information systems, or a similar technical degree.
- 6+ months of internship, technical education, or work experience in software configuration/implementation, business analytics, database management, or other related technical disciplines.
- Superior communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must possess some knowledge of SQL.
Who We Are
Origami Risk is a leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for risk management, insurance, safety, and compliance. We’ve designed our single-platform, cloud-based software to be easily configurable to meet the needs of insured corporate and public entities, brokers and risk consultants, insurers and MGAs, third party claims administrators (TPAs), risk pools, and more. To fulfill our singular focus of helping our clients achieve their business objectives, our software is supported by a best-in-class service team of experienced risk, insurance, and safety professionals who have an ideal balance of industry knowledge and technological expertise.
Since its founding in 2009, Origami Risk has received more than two dozen awards for service excellence, technology innovation, and workplace culture. In addition to inclusion in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest-growing tech companies in North America, Origami Risk also has been repeatedly recognized by Inc. magazine as one of the “Best Places to Work” and Best and Brightest® Companies To Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources (NABR).