Joining the Sales Operations team during an exciting period of growth, this role offers the opportunity for an inventory professional to thrive, in a busy team. Working closely with internal stakeholders the Head of Zeus Sales Operations Manager will influence decisions that have a direct impact on the bottom line. Reporting into the Head of UK Sales Operations, the role holder will be able to competently navigate supply issues and welcome the challenge that current conditions present.
- Management of Bloomsbury’s Head of Zeus inventory, influencing first print runs, reprinting and managing conversion to POD status if required
- Producing and circulating weekly stock and sales reporting
- Managing the reduction of excess stock
- Monitoring, invoicing and reconciling intercompany transfers and direct deliveries
- Distributor liaison to achieve deliveries, invoicing and pack creation
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of inventory management
- Good working knowledge of Excel essential and knowledge of Cognos/ Midas & VISTA an advantage.
- Be able to evidence reducing stock, increasing availability and limiting costs.
The role is a full-time permanent position
Salary Pay Point or Range: Up to £39,000
The role is based in our London offices and split between 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP and 5-8 Hardwick Street, 1st Floor East, London EC1R 4RG on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based. Allocated office days for this role are: Tuesday and Wednesday but may alter in the future.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 20/02/2024 (shortlisting may start ahead of the application deadline so we recommend applying sooner rather than later).
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Two paid Personal Wellness Days
- Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sharesave Scheme
- AXA Healthcare Plan (Private Medical Insurance)
- In-house Doctor
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers) and 21 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.